Mindbreeze is part of the Fabasoft Group and uses Fabasoft Cloud Services. Data protection and data security have the utmost priority for Fabasoft as a software manufacturer and cloud provider.
Fabasoft is certified and tested according to all relevant standards for security and reliability. Through our company and server locations in Central Europe we are subject to the strictest data protection laws. Your data is in safe hands with us. Read more about how we guarantee the security of your data.
Certified security and reliability
Since 2008 the Fabasoft Linz head office has been certified according to the ISO norm 27001 for IT information security. Since 2010 Fabasoft Folio Cloud has been tested according to ISAE 3402 Type 2 and since 2011 additionally according to ISO 20000-1. You can find out more about these certifications on this page.
Audit-proof archiving - Archive 2010
The vision of a paper-free office is as old as the first IBM PC that fitted onto a regular desk – but we're still chasing that dream. The rules and regulations governing the storage of business records, invoices, contracts, documentation for accounts and financial records are partly to blame for this. Time limits legally required for storage vary from a few years to eternity and beyond. Folio Cloud is a huge step forward, as audit-proof electronic storage eliminates the costs and space requirements needed for hard-copy storage.
The PricewaterhouseCoopers auditors worked according to a checklist. Some of the most important points, which were naturally found to be without faults, were:
- Data access. Already in the course of the SAS 70 Type II test, virtual and physical access restrictions were thoroughly checked and found to be sufficient. Client data is safe from prying eyes.
- Data cannot be amended retrospectively.
- Relevant documents cannot be deleted before the time limit expires –not even by Fabasoft administrators.
- The trail from paper to electronic storage is sufficently secured.
- All legal requirements are met.
National and European data protection laws
As a European company we are subject to the strictest data protection laws.
- Directive 95/46/EC is the reference text, at European level, on the protection of personal data. It sets up a regulatory framework which seeks to strike a balance between a high level of protection for the privacy of individuals and the free movement of personal data within the European Union (EU). To do so, the Directive sets strict limits on the collection and use of personal data and demands that each Member State set up an independent national body responsible for the protection of these data.
Data security: Security of customer data
Customer data lies in Fabasoft's own servers within its own protected networks to which only a small number of selected members of the operations management team have access. Even operations management employees do not have authorization to access customer data. These mechanisms are regularly checked via external audits. But in short, customer data cannot be viewed by Fabasoft employees.