Operations Engineer in the Operations Team (m/f)
Mindbreeze is a fast-growing and internationally leading provider of appliances and cloud services for information insight, applied artificial intelligence, and knowledge management.
We are looking for additional operations engineers for the operation of our own cloud systems. Mindbreeze operates on-site appliances for customers and cloud services in our own data centers. With on-site installations, the focus is on monitoring and troubleshooting appliances. Cloud operation in the company's own data center also includes the operation of hardware and infrastructure services.
In order to keep the orientation period as short as possible, we are looking for someone with work experience in the operation of Linux systems.
Your area of responsibility:
As part of the operations team, you make sure that our customers can utilize Mindbreeze in the best possible way and that the background services run smoothly. You work for our customers together with your colleagues. You are in ongoing contact with the relevant customers, our data center operators and hardware suppliers.
Here are some examples of activities that you will come across in your everyday work:
- Evaluating searches, indexed documents, or any errors that have occurred. The evaluations can be one-time occurrences or automated by you as needed.
- Communicating with data center operations to resolve a problem.
- Developing Chef cookbooks and/or Docker containers to provide a new infrastructure service.
- Installing and configuring new hardware in our data centers. Documenting each step and system to meet the certification criteria of our SaaS environment.
- Communicating with customers – for instance, to obtain firewall activation for the appliances installed on site.
Your skills and experience:
- You are respectful in your dealings with our customers as well as with your colleagues.
- Here at Mindbreeze, team spirit and the team itself take center stage. Your aim is to make sure that, together, we do a great job for our customers. .
- You are good at structuring and organizing your activities. You proactively approach your colleagues if you have any questions.
- You already have experience with the operation of Linux installations, Chef and Docker, and would like to help shape future innovations at the grassroots level and learn on your own initiative.
What’s important to us when we review your application is that you can show us your knowledge and the way you work. In this respect, a résumé is of limited use. Try to imagine yourself on the job here at Mindbreeze and describe how you would perform some of the tasks described.
We’re looking forward to receiving your application!
With over 13 years of experience in semantic data analysis and evaluation, we offer a one-of-a-kind working environment in a rapidly growing market. Our product is used by top international companies such as Lufthansa, T-Systems, Daimler, Public Storage, Nucor, Manpower, and many others.
We offer you a starting gross annual salary of EUR 50,000 for this position. Correspondingly more for relevant qualifications and experience.