Email is Part of Your COMPANY MIND – Leverage Your Knowledge
Searching for particular information and getting concrete views on your customers, contacts, appointments, etc. throughout all your mailbox(es) and archive(s) can be quite time-consuming.
What do Typical Mail-Infrastructures look like?
On the one hand, emails are stored in different locations all over your entire company network and beyond.
- In PST or NSF files of users (distributed on workstations or on fileshares)
- On company mail server (like Microsoft Exchange, IBM Lotus, Novell GroupWise, …)
- In shared mailboxes and public folders (typically called multi-mailbox search)
- Users often have access to shared sub-folders of other user’s mailboxes (as they share them)
- Stored in document and records management applications
- Stored in CRM application
- Stored in Microsoft SharePoint® sites
- Stored in fileshares
There is great potential - current studies tell up to 90 percent - that company email is not stored in your company’s mail servers, but in the Cloud.
Finding Data swiftly puts an End to Searching
For compliance reasons, it is absolutely critical to have retention and legal hold policies in place. Compliance is a must-have that needs to be fulfilled. But it’s of course not only the legal aspect that you need to take into account. Even more important: It’s about accessing your company’s knowledge and gaining competitive advantage.
We at Mindbreeze call it the company mind - how a company leverages its knowledge in the most effective way so that the company remains at the leading edge of its industry/sector. Email today is an important piece of the company mind.
Typical archiving solutions mainly address the need to keep content for legal reasons, not optimizing the stored/archived information for the end user. In our view it’s critical to be able to access the information from everywhere and anytime whilst still enforcing user security.
For your end users (information workers) it’s about getting answers to questions, such as: